Atlanta Car Accidents Attorneys
Car accidents can be life-altering events that generate tremendous suffering and loss for victims and their loved ones. And they are far too common in the Atlanta area. The top five counties in the state for traffic fatalities are all in the Atlanta metro area: Fulton, Dekalb, Cobb, Gwinnett, and Clayton, respectively.
At DuBose Miller, our Georgia injury law firm is committed to fully protecting the legal and financial interests of accident victims. We take a personal approach with every client. If you’ve been injured, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
When you’ve been seriously hurt, you need a law firm you can trust to get results. Our firm’s personal injury attorneys have handled almost every type of vehicle accident on behalf of clients. The types of accidents we handle include:
- Multi-car accidents
- Single-car accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- School zone accidents
- Fatal car crashes
The type of car accident doesn’t matter. What does is that you decide to hold the responsible party accountable for their reckless, careless, or negligent actions. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the quicker you can get your case moving in the right direction.
Damages Available in Georgia Car Accident Cases
You may not be focused on a settlement directly after an accident, but you deserve fair compensation for your injuries and resulting damages. Georgia’s civil law system allows accident victims to recover for damages that are classified into two categories – special and general damages. Special damages are economic damages caused by the defendant. They include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- General damages are non-economic damages. These include:
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Mental anguish
Georgia Car Accident Laws
Civil cases, such as motor vehicle accident claims, are governed by state and local laws. For example, you must contact the Atlanta Police Department if your accident results in injury, death, or more than $500 in property damage.
Georgia is a “fault” state for car accidents, meaning the insurance company of the at-fault driver will be responsible for the payment of damages. However, the state also has a modified comparative negligence rule, meaning your damages can be reduced based on your percentage of shared fault and even denied completely if you are found to be more than 50% at fault.
The good news is that there are no limits on compensatory damages in Georgia. However, you do have just two years to file a lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, you will not be able to recover.
How Our Georgia Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
There’s a common misconception that all you need to do following to get compensated after a car crash is pick up the phone and contact the insurance company. Nothing could be further from the truth. Insurance companies are for-profit enterprises that work diligently to keep their costs low by depriving accident victims of fair compensation following serious crashes.
Insurance company representatives deal with car accidents daily, so they know how to use the language in their own contracts and the law to their advantage.
When you work with the experienced car accident attorneys at DuBose Miller, you level the playing field. You are no longer at the mercy of powerful insurance companies that want to take advantage of injury victims with lowball settlement offers and even a complete denial of coverage.
Our knowledgeable legal team will get to work on your case immediately and will aggressively defend your interests. You can count on us to:
- Thoroughly investigate your crash – In many cases, the fault may not be clear immediately following an accident. There might be more than one party responsible, or an insurance company might try to shift blame in your corner to get out of paying what they owe. Our firm will quickly collect the evidence necessary to identify the parties responsible and prove fault conclusively.
- Prove liability. Once we’ve collected the right evidence, we’ll build a case that’s compelling and paints a clear picture of what happened and who should be held legally responsible for your losses. We will consider all sources of compensation available to you.
- Calculate your damages. We work with experts and professionals, such as doctors, mental health professionals, and financial professionals, to calculate the value of your economic and noneconomic damages, including the value of your pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
- Handle all claim documents. Filing a claim can be overwhelming. There are multiple steps that need to be taken, documents must be filed within a certain amount of time, and a missing document could delay the process significantly. We handle everything related to your case so you can focus on your recovery.
- Negotiate your settlement. We represent you in all conversations with the insurance adjuster(s) assigned to your case, including negotiations. We are skilled negotiators who won’t give in to a low-balled settlement offer.
- Litigate your case. While most vehicle accident claims are settled through negotiations, sometimes, litigation is necessary in order to recover an award that fully compensates a client. We have trial experience and aren’t afraid to go to court on your behalf.
- Pursue justice and maximum compensation – Our experienced negotiators will attempt to reach a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company when the time is right. But most insurers aren’t reasonable in this respect. We don’t back down when representing your interests and won’t hesitate to pursue maximum compensation through a timely filed car accident lawsuit.
- Be available and accessible every step of the way. You can count on our law firm to keep you apprised about the status of your claim and be available and accessible every step of the way. We work for you.
Few people make it through life without being involved in a serious crash. If you or a loved one have been injured, it’s important that you stand up for your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Contact Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Today
After a car accident, your attention should be focused on getting the best care for your injuries, returning to work when you are able, and getting back to the enjoyment of life. If you have permanent injuries, you have a period of adjustment in front of you both physically and emotionally. The last thing you should have to worry about is how to get fair compensation for your losses.
At DuBose Miller, we understand what you’re going through. Our mission is to handle every aspect of the legal claims process on your behalf so that you can focus on your recovery. If you’ve been injured, contact us. Call our office at 404-720-8111 or reach out to us online. Your initial consultation with us is always free. And we take personal injury cases on contingency, meaning you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case.