Data shows that the average household in Sandy Springs owns at least two cars. With so many cars on the road, even a moment’s negligence on someone’s part can result in a devastating accident.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Sandy Springs, you have the legal right to sue the negligent parties who caused the accident and recover monetary damages.
At DuBose Miller, we are committed to providing the highest level of legal services to victims of auto accidents and their families. Our Sandy Springs, GA auto accident lawyers can protect your rights as a personal injury victim, hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligence, and fight tirelessly to recover every dollar you are owed.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Sandy Springs, GA?
The factors that contribute most to auto accidents in Sandy Springs include:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Failing to look for oncoming vehicles at intersections
- Making unsafe lane changes and turns
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Mechanical defects in vehicles
- Inclement weather conditions
- Dangerous road conditions
What Are the Most Dangerous Intersections in Sandy Springs, GA?
The risk of vehicular collisions is particularly high at intersections – partly due to the way they are designed and partly due to unmanageably high traffic volume. The most dangerous intersections in Sandy Springs are:
- The intersection of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Glenridge Connector
- The intersection at Riverside Drive and Johnson Ferry Road
- The intersection of Abernathy Road and Roswell Road
What Kind of Injuries Can Result from an Auto Accident?
The nature and severity of injuries you might sustain in an auto accident depend on a variety of different factors.
For example, a rear-end accident can result in whiplash injuries, soft tissue injuries, and bruises. A head-on collision or a side-impact collision, on the other hand, almost always tends to result in serious and life-threatening injuries. Airbags and seatbelts can only do so much.
Similarly, speed is also a major factor that can increase the risk of serious injuries in a car accident. Data shows that every time a vehicle’s speed increases by 10 mph, the risk of a fatal accident almost doubles.
The most common types of injuries that can result from an auto accident include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries resulting in scarring and disfiguration
- Neck and back injuries
- Crush injuries
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
There are a large number of hospitals in and around Sandy Springs where you can get the treatment and care you need following an auto accident. These include the Northside Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Piedmont Hospital, Grady Memorial Hospital, and Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center.
What Is the Deadline for Filing an Auto Accident Claim in Sandy Springs, GA?
The deadline – commonly referred to as the statute of limitations – for filing an auto accident claim in Sandy Springs is two years. If you do not bring a claim against the at-fault parties within the two-year deadline, you will lose your right to sue them.
Under Georgia law, there are only two circumstances under which the deadline for filing a personal injury claim can be extended. These include:
- If the victim happens to be a minor or mentally incapacitated
- If the at-fault party leaves the state before the victim can file a claim
The deadline cannot be extended for any other reason. It’s why you need to contact a Sandy Springs, GA auto accident lawyer, who’s been through the legal battlefields before and walked away unscathed, right after the accident and take the necessary steps to file a claim against the at-fault parties.
How to Prove Fault and Liability in a Sandy Springs, GA Auto Accident Claim?
Depending on the circumstances, your Sandy Springs auto accident lawyer might use the following evidence to establish the liability of the at-fault party.
- Statements or testimonies by eyewitnesses
- Statements or testimonies by expert witnesses like accident reconstruction experts, automotive experts, and medical experts
- Your medical records
- Report from the physician who treated you after the accident
- Security camera footage (if available)
Damages You Can Recover in a Sandy Springs, GA Auto Accident Claim
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might be able to recover the following damages in a Sandy Springs auto accident claim.
- Medical expenses (including the cost of emergency medical care, surgery, physician’s charges, hospitalization expenses, prescription medications, and follow-up visits)
- Cost of future treatment and care (if you fail to make a full recovery or reach maximum medical improvement by the time your claim is resolved)
- Rehabilitation expenses (cost of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and psychotherapy)
- Cost of long-term care (if your injuries result in permanent physical or cognitive disability and you are unable to take care of yourself)
- Lost wages (including regular wages, bonuses, tips, and any other monetary benefits that you lost during your time away from work)
- Loss of earning capacity (if your injuries result in a physical or cognitive disability that affects your ability to work and earn a living)
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life (if your disability prevents you from enjoying your life as you used to)
Injured in an Auto Accident? Our Sandy Springs, GA Auto Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Help You!
At DuBose Miller, we understand the pain and devastation that can be caused by an auto accident. We can provide the personalized attention your claim needs and fight hard to obtain the best possible settlement offer from the at-fault parties. Thanks to our extensive courtroom experience, we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary to recover the maximum possible amount of damages.
Call our law firm today at 404-720-8111 or get in touch with us online to schedule a free consultation with one of our Sandy Springs, GA auto accident lawyers.